Lucid Absinthe Superieure is definitely the first genuine wormwood containing Absinthe to be legalized in the US since the ban in 1912 most people are desperate to know where to buy Lucid Absinthe.
Lucid was developed by distiller Ted Breaux and Viridian Spirits for the US Absinthe market. In contrast to other fake Absinthes, that have been designed to be sold in the US, it contains real grande wormwood (Artemisia Absinthium) wheretopurchaseabsinthe as well as other standard Absinthe herbs. Additional information is found at drinklucid.com but here are some facts about Lucid Absinthe Superieure:-
– It receives its green color from whole herbs and not man-made colors.
– It contains wormwood, sweet fennel, green anise as well as other classic Absinthe herbs.
– It was manufactured by Ted Breaux, a prominent Absinthe distiller, who used his understanding of traditional Absinthe making techniques to make this historically accurate vintage style Absinthe which satisfies US regulations.
– Lucid includes a full measure of grande wormwood the same as pre ban Absinthes. It was a myth that Absinthe covered huge amounts of thujone – tests on vintage bottles demonstrated that they’d all pass US laws (10mg/kg or under of thujone).
– Lucid consists of 62% alcohol by volume.
– It is distilled in Saumur in France.
– Lucid has a very unique black bottle with green cat’s eyes influenced by a Montmartre cabaret show “Le Chat Noir” from 1881.
Where to buy Lucid Absinthe
According to the Lucid website it may be bought over the United States this means you should be able to buy it from your local liquor store. You could look on the drinklucid website for stockists of Lucid by state, online stockists for instance Shoppers Vineyard and Crown Wine and Spirits, as well as for bars and restaurants that serve Lucid. The website also has a web shop where one can order Lucid apparel.
Lucid isn’t the only Absinthe to have been legalized in the USA – a brand name called Green Moon and Absinthes from Kubler have also been legalized.
Another excellent means of enjoying Absinthe in the USA would be to order Absinthe essences from AbsintheKit.com who offer free global shipping. There exists a handling fee for the first item but handling and shipping is free of charge for added products ordered.
The essences coming from AbsintheKit.com are created from an alcohol base which is distilled with top-quality herbs just like wormwood, aniseed and fennel. The essences are extremely economical, only $3.95 ($4.95 for the Strong 55) per 20ml essence which makes a 750ml bottle of Absinthe. Kits containing 280ml of essence, a measure and bottle labels are offered also costing $29 ($39 for Strong 55). These kits make 14 bottles of Absinthe so they make the perfect buy. Simply mix 20ml of essence with 730ml of Everclear or vodka and you have your own personal real Green Fairy, as Absinthe is famous.
Essences are a good option to hunting for where to buy Lucid Absinthe and are generally fun to use too.