There’s been a renewed fascination with Absinthe liquor about the world in the last decade since Absinthe’s legalization in lots of countries. Absinthe, also known as the Green Fairy or La Fee Verte, has only absinth liquor been legal in the United States since 2007, and only certain brands may be sold, so there is much fascination with the liquor in the US.
What is Absinthe Liquor About?
Absinthe is a distilled anise flavored spirit which was designed for medicinal purposes as an elixir or tonic by way of the legendary Dr Pierre Ordinaire in Couvet, Switzerland. It shot to popularity in Switzerland and France within the 19th and early 20th centuries as well as overtook wine in recognition in France.
Absinthe is generally produced from a wine base and is flavored with herbs. Its principal herbal ingredients are standard wormwood (Artemisia Absinthium), which gives Absinthe its name and its bitter taste, aniseed and fennel. Other common herbs utilized in the creation of Absinthe consist of hyssop, lemon balm, star anise, dittany, juniper, nutmeg and licorice.
There are numerous forms of Absinthe liquor:-
– Verte – This is actually the classic green Absinthe of the French La Belle Epoque and the Absinthe favored by the Bohemian culture of Montmartre and ingested by artists and writers including Pablo Picasso, Van Gogh, Oscar Wilde, Ernest Hemingway, Gauguin, Degas, Baudelaire and Verlaine.
– La Blueu – Also known as La Blanche. It is a clear Absinthe. Bootleg Swiss Absinthe was clear during the ban.
– Czech Style Absinth – Some Czech Absinthes are normal Absinthes but this term describes “Absinths” that happen to be actually wormwood bitters and don’t provide an anise flavor.
– Absenta – Spanish Absinthe which includes a sweeter flavor because it’s made with Alicante Anise.
– Rouge or Rose Absinthe – This Absinthe includes a naturally red color due to the added ingredient of hibiscus flowers.
You can get many differing kinds and designs of Absinthe online – classic styles and modern classics that are based on vintage Absinthes but have a modern twist.
As well as buying these different types of Absinthe beverages, you may also design your own Absinthe from Absinthe essences. AbsintheKit.com supply essences to the Absinthe industry and also to consumers. They make 4 different essences – a classic green Absinthe essence, a clear Absinthe essence, a strong essence that produces an Absinthe with a more powerful bitter wormwood flavor, plus an orange flavoured essence that’s flavored with orange oil and constitutes a lovely orange-yellow colored Absinthe. Each of the essences are produced using top-quality herbs and are distilled so you don’t have to be worried about distilling, simply make an online purchase then mix with vodka or Everclear for your own wormwood Absinthe.
AbsintheKit.com also sell Absinthiana such as replicas of renowned Absinthe glasses and spoons like the Eiffel Tower spoon.
Absinthe is definitely a strong liquor, as much as 75% alcohol by volume, and is also stronger than whisky or vodka. Care must be taken when taking in such a strong spirit especially if it is being combined with other strong spirits in cocktails – it is very simple to get drunk on Absinthe!
There are hardly any drinks like Absinthe liquor about which there are various myths, legends, lies and falsehoods – it has a very colorful and fascinating background and is a beautiful beverage to relish.