There have been a renewed interest in Absinthe liquor around the world within the last decade since Absinthe’s legalization in many countries. Absinthe, also known as the Green Fairy or La Fee Verte, has only been legal in the USA since 2007, and just certain brands could be sold, so there is certainly much absinthe spoons interest in the liquor in the US.
Precisely What is Absinthe Liquor About?
Absinthe is a distilled anise flavored spirit that was designed for medicinal purposes being an elixir or tonic by way of the legendary Dr Pierre Ordinaire in Couvet, Switzerland. It became popular in Switzerland and France within the 19th and early 20th centuries and even overtook wine in recognition in France.
Absinthe is usually made from a wine base and is flavored with herbs. Its main herbal ingredients are typical wormwood (Artemisia Absinthium), which gives Absinthe its name as well as its bitter taste, aniseed and fennel. Other common herbs employed in the creation of Absinthe include hyssop, lemon balm, star anise, dittany, juniper, nutmeg and licorice.
There are numerous varieties of Absinthe liquor:-
– Verte – This is actually the classic green Absinthe of the French La Belle Epoque and the Absinthe popular with the Bohemian culture of Montmartre and taken by artists and writers including Pablo Picasso, Van Gogh, Oscar Wilde, Ernest Hemingway, Gauguin, Degas, Baudelaire and Verlaine.
– La Blueu – Also called La Blanche. It is a clear Absinthe. Bootleg Swiss Absinthe was clear throughout the ban.
– Czech Style Absinth – Some Czech Absinthes are normal Absinthes but this term describes “Absinths” that happen to be actually wormwood bitters and don’t provide an anise flavor.
– Absenta – Spanish Absinthe which includes a sweeter flavor because it is made with Alicante Anise.
– Rouge or Rose Absinthe – This Absinthe carries a naturally red colorization due to the extra ingredient of hibiscus flowers.
You can buy many types and designs of Absinthe online – classic styles and modern classics that happen to be based on vintage Absinthes but have a modern twist.
In addition to buying these several types of Absinthe beverages, you can also create your own Absinthe from Absinthe essences. AbsintheKit.com supply essences to the Absinthe industry as well as consumers. They create 4 different essences – an existing green Absinthe essence, a clear Absinthe essence, a strong essence that produces an Absinthe with a stronger bitter wormwood flavor, and an orange distinctive flavored essence which is flavored with orange oil and makes a lovely orange-yellow colored Absinthe. Each of the essences are made using top-quality herbs and so are distilled so you need not concern yourself with distilling, simply order online and then mix with vodka or Everclear for your own wormwood Absinthe.
AbsintheKit.com also sell Absinthiana like replicas of well-known Absinthe glasses and spoons such as the Eiffel Tower spoon.
Absinthe is a very strong alcoholic drink, as much as 75% alcohol by volume, and is particularly stronger than whisky or vodka. Care should be taken when consuming such a strong spirit particularly when it is being blended with other strong spirits in cocktails – it is extremely easy to get drunk on Absinthe!
There are hardly any drinks like Absinthe liquor about which there are many myths, legends, lies and falsehoods – it features a very colorful and intriguing background and is a beautiful beverage to relish.