There are numerous modern Absinthe classics for sale. These Absinthes are premium Absinthes that happen to be modeled on the vintage Absinthes, the Green Fairy, from the 18th and 19th centuries. Modern distillers use recipes from history or they have analyzed vintage Absinthes to make certain that they make use of the right herbs and quantities.
Real Absinthe is made up of Artemisia Absinthium, common wormwood, containing the chemical thujone, along with other herbs and essential oils which result in the drink to louche when water is added.
Here are several modern Absinthe classics:-
– Saint George Spirits make an Absinthe which happens to be produced from brandy and herbs which includes wormwood, star anise, fennel, lemon balm, tarragon, mint, hyssop, basil, meadowsweet and nettles. Their Absinthe is called “St George Spirits Absinthe Verte” – a green Absinthe that is legal in the USA.
– The Jade Absinthe Collection from the Combier distillery in Saumur, France – Ted Breaux from New Orleans, USA, has advanced this collection of vintage style Absinthes by testing and analyzing bottles of genuine vintage Absinthe. The combier distillery uses nineteenth century alambics rescued from the Pernod Fils distillery to produce http://absinthepostershop.com these Absinthes. The Jade collection includes a vintage Pernod Fils style Absinthe, a green Swiss style Absinthe, a clear La Bleue style Absinthe, a New Orleans style Absinthe and an Edouard Pernod inspired Absinthe. These Absinthes are generally handcrafted and also have won many awards.
– Doubs Mystique “Carte d’Or Absinthe” – This fine Absinthe is distilled in Pontarlier, France using 19th century alambics. Pontarlier is the French home of Absinthe, where Pernod Fils first produced it at the turn of the 19th century. This is an Absinthe which utilizes conventional methods and ingredients but with a sophisticated twist to suit the palates of today’s generation of Absinthe drinkers.
– Absinthe Roquette 1797 – Named after the horse of the famous creator of Absinthe, Dr Pierre Ordinaire, this Absinthe is based on a genuine recipe of the 18th century. It is an endeavor to reproduce the true true Absinthe and contains the major ingredients of grande wormwood, anise and fennel, and is distilled in 19th century alambics in Pontarlier.
– Absinthe Duplais – This was the very first verte (green) Absinthe to be legalized in Switzerland and is based upon on the nineteenth century Swiss protocols from a manual by P.Duplais. This Absinthe is distilled in Switzerland, home of Absinthe, at the Kallnacher distillery.
– Absinthe Brevans – Also from the Kallnacher distillery, this Absinthe is named after another French Absinthe manual writer. It is based upon on a recipe from 1897 and its base is an assortment of wine and marc. Marc is the alcohol from fermented pulp that is left after squeezing out the grape juice. Absinthe Brevans contains the plants and herbs utilized in historical Absinthe production.
– La Ptite Absinthe – This is the traditional Swiss La Bleue from Guadentia Persoz, a distiller in Couvet, Switzerland – home of the renowned Dr Pierre Ordinaire. This clear Absinthe is dependent on a recipe from 1898 which includes 12 herbs. Gaudentia found this recipe along with an alambic when she moved into her house in Couvet – what a find!
Absinthe Clandestine – This is also a La Bleue clear Absinthe distilled in Couvet by Claude-Alain Bugnon who made bootleg Absinthe prior to legalization in Switzerland. This Absinthe is dependant on traditional La Bleue recipes and is made making use of the typical herbs of wormwood and anise along with alpine herbs and plants.
Methods to make Absinthe Classics
It’s possible to make your own traditional style Absinthe using Absinthe essences which are utilised by distillers in the Absinthe industry. These Absinthe essences can be obtained from AbsintheKit.com. These are the essences widely available to buy online:-
– Absinthe Classics – A 280ml bottle of this essence creates 14 bottles of classic green Absinthe containing the very important wormwood.
– Absinthe White – This makes 14 bottles of clear La Bleue style Absinthe.
– Absinthe Orange – This will make 14 bottles of an Absinthe with a delicate orange flavor from real orange oil.
– Absinthe 55 – This essence makes a stronger Absinthe made up of 55mg of thujone and so a much more bitter taste.
All the essences are manufactured using traditional ingredients and are distilled using carbon dioxide distillation to present a top-quality essence. The essences are also accessible in an Absinthe kit which contains a measure and bottle labels.These essences allow you to make Absinthe classics economically and with a real vintage taste.