In these days of the Absinthe revival it is possible to buy Absinthe on the internet and it is legal, generally in most countries, to ingest Absinthe in bars.Absinthe is an alcoholic drink that’s about two times as strong as some other spirits like whisky and vodka. It has an anise flavor and is also made from herbs such as wormwood, fennel and aniseed.
Absinthe was famously banned in many countries in the 1900s, although it was never banned in the UK, Spain, Portugal or perhaps the Czech Republic. The thujone in wormwood was considered to be similar to THC in cannabis also to cause psychedelic effects, this has now been disproved.
There are lots of modern classic style Absinthes – brands which are re-creations of vintage and traditional Absinthes. Price varies according to the brand and the website you order from – shop around to get the best price also to find Absinthe sales, offers and specials.
Here’s a listing of some really good classic brands:-
– The Jade Collection by Ted Breaux – These Absinthes are manufactured at the Combier distillery in Saumur, France. Ted Breaux examined and analyzed antique bottles of unique Absinthe and utilized what he heard of the components and quantities to build up this type of Absinthes. His Absinthes, that happen to be distilled in old nineteenth century alambics, comprise a classic Pernod Fils style Absinthe, a Swiss type Absinthe, a La Bleue type absinthe, and Edouard Pernod type Absinthe, a new Orleans influenced Absinthe and his “Lucid” brand which took over as the first legal Absinthe in the USA.
– Absinthe Clandestine – This Absinthe is created by Claude-Alain Bugnon, ex- Absinthe bootlegger. This Absinthe is usually a La Bleue clear Absinthe produced in Bugnon’s distilleries in Couvet, Switzerland. Bugnon uses standard herbs, such as wormwood and anise, in his Absinthe recipes along with Alpine herbs.
– La Ptite Absinthe – This La Bleue is usually distilled in Couvet by Guadentia Persoz and her husband. They found a 1898 recipe and old alambic in their home when they moved in and therefore are now applying this recipe, consisting of 12 herbs, to generate this popular Swiss Absinthe.
– Doubs Mystique “Carte d’Or Absinthe” – An Absinthe distilled in Pontarlier, France, the town where Pernod created his first Absinthes. This Absinthe uses traditional distilling methods in nineteenth century alambics but has a modern twist to create a different tasting Absinthe for the modern Absinthe drinker.
Purchase Absinthe Essences
The brands mentioned above are all great brands of Absinthe manufactured with knowledge from the past, but you might want to try your hand at producing your personal bottle of the Green Fairy.
Absinthe essences coming from AbsintheKit.com are a very reasonable approach to create top-quality Absinthe at a great price. A 280ml bottle of Absinthe essence could make 14 bottles of genuine wormwood Absinthe! The 280ml bottles are available in a kit with bottle labels plus a measure to measure out the essence.
There are 4 forms of Absinthe essence:-
– Absinthe Classics essence – This essence produces a vintage style green Absinthe.
– Absinthe White Essence – An essence for individuals who like Swiss La Bleue clear styles of Absinthe.
– Absinthe Orange Essence – This contains real orange oil and makes a yellow-orange colored and orange flavored Absinthe.
– Absinthe 55 Strong Essence – The other three essences have 35mg of thujone, the chemical in the herb wormwood, but this essence makes a stronger 55mg Asbinthe liquor using a strong bitter wormwood taste. Great for those that like the flavor of wormwood.
All these essences can be purchased discounted at the store of AbsintheKit.com. And purchasing is easy.
To utilize the essences, simply combine with a neutral alcohol base just like Everclear or vodka, put sugar of you like a smoother Absinthe, and there you have it – your own Absinthe.
AbsintheKit.com also sell replica Absinthe glasses and spoons like a Pontarlier style glass and an Eiffel Tower spoon. The perfect gift for an Absinthe lover.