There have been a renewed curiosity about Absinthe liquor about the world in the last decade since Absinthe’s legalization in lots of countries. Absinthe, also referred to as the Green Fairy or La Fee Verte, just has been legal in the United States since 2007, and simply certain brands could be sold, so there is much curiosity about the liquor in the US.
What on Earth is Absinthe Liquor About?
Absinthe is actually a distilled anise flavored spirit that was designed for medicinal purposes as an elixir or tonic by the legendary Dr Pierre Ordinaire in Couvet, Switzerland. It shot to popularity in Switzerland and France within the 19th and early 20th centuries and also overtook wine in reputation in France.
Absinthe is usually created from a wine base and is flavored with herbs. Its primary herbal ingredients are typical wormwood (Artemisia Absinthium), giving www.absinthe-liquor.com Absinthe its name and its bitter taste, aniseed and fennel. Other common herbs used in the creation of Absinthe include hyssop, lemon balm, star anise, dittany, juniper, nutmeg and licorice.
There are various forms of Absinthe liquor:-
– Verte – This is the classic green Absinthe of the French La Belle Epoque and the Absinthe popular with the Bohemian culture of Montmartre and taken by artists and writers including Pablo Picasso, Van Gogh, Oscar Wilde, Ernest Hemingway, Gauguin, Degas, Baudelaire and Verlaine.
– La Blueu – Also referred to as La Blanche. This is a clear Absinthe. Bootleg Swiss Absinthe was clear in the ban.
– Czech Style Absinth – Some Czech Absinthes are normal Absinthes but this term refers to “Absinths” that are actually wormwood bitters and don’t have an anise flavor.
– Absenta – Spanish Absinthe which includes a sweeter flavor because it is constructed with Alicante Anise.
– Rouge or Rose Absinthe – This Absinthe includes a naturally red colorization as a result of extra ingredient of hibiscus flowers.
You can buy many differing kinds and fashions of Absinthe online – traditional styles and modern classics which are based upon vintage Absinthes but have a very modern twist.
As well as buying these different types of Absinthe beverages, you can also create your own Absinthe from Absinthe essences. AbsintheKit.com supply essences on the Absinthe industry as well as consumers. They make 4 different essences – an existing green Absinthe essence, a clear Absinthe essence, a strong essence that produces an Absinthe with a more powerful bitter wormwood flavor, plus an orange flavored essence that is flavored with orange oil and constitutes a lovely orange-yellow colored Absinthe. All of the essences are made using top-quality herbs and are distilled so you don’t need to worry about distilling, simply order online and then mix with vodka or Everclear for your own wormwood Absinthe.
AbsintheKit.com also sell Absinthiana like replicas of popular Absinthe glasses and spoons like the Eiffel Tower spoon.
Absinthe is a very strong alcoholic beverage, as much as 75% alcohol by volume, and is particularly stronger than whisky or vodka. Care must be taken when taking in such a strong spirit particularly if it is being mixed with other strong spirits in cocktails – it is extremely easy to get drunk on Absinthe!
There are hardly any drinks like Absinthe liquor about which there are lots of myths, legends, lies and falsehoods – it comes with a very colorful and fascinating past and is a lovely beverage to savor.